Re: [ft-l] Prainie Lakes/Three Lakes

Sunny,

I just called Game and Fish Comm. in Ocala.  Hunting season is from Sept 26
thru Mar 7 1999.  However, we usually just go on thru wearing lots of
Florida Trail Orange.  The trails were very wet last winter, a the height of
all the flooding.  However, the campsites were useable. My guess is that
they are ok now.  Potable water may be a problem, depending on the pumps at
Dry Pond and Parker Hammock.  I would plan to go, because it is a good place
to hike.  It has been one of my favorites for more than 10 years.
The ranger for that area last winter was Joel Peterson, and his phone no. is
407-436-1818.  He could up date you as to the conditions.

If that doesn't work out for you, I have a spot open on the Appalachian
Trail trip to NC Oct. 10-18.      Description is in current Footprint.

Let me know what you find out about Prairie Lakes.  I have plans to be there
Mar 12, 13,14.  Plan to join us then, also.

Kenneth Smith
Belleview    352-307-8645