[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ft-l] FT Ocala Questions
- Subject: [ft-l] FT Ocala Questions
- Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 18:41:56 PDT
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Does anyone see anything wrong with the itinerary shown below for a
January 1999 hike of the FT through Ocala National Forest (north and
south sections - Sections 12 & 13)?
2) Are any of these camp areas ones to avoid?
3) Is Section 11 of the FT directly south of Ocala National Forest
mostly a road walk like it looks on the map or is this actually a nice
area to continue a hike into if I had the time?
4) Is Salt Springs anyplace worth hiking 6 miles round trip on a side
trail assuming I don't need to resupply?
DATE MILE OVERNIGHT STAY
SUN JAN 24 Gen Deer Season ends
SUN JAN 24 - 1.2 Arrive Rodman Rec Area Cmpgd
MON JAN 25 11.8 Grassy Pond Campground
TUE JAN 26 22.6 Junction Salt Springs Trail
WED JAN 27 34.1 Hidden Pond Prim Camp Area
THU JAN 28 39.5 Juniper Springs Campground
FRI JAN 29 45.1 Farles Campsite
SAT JAN 30 56.2 Alexander Springs Campground
SUN JAN 31 67.3 Clearwater Lake Campground
MON FEB 01 Orlando
Hopefully the columns stayed together enough so people can make this
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
* From the Florida Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *