[ft-l] Volunteers Vacations & Florida Trail need your help.

Hello FTA Members,

We are still recruiting volunteers for a Volunteer Vacation in the Ocala
National Forest.  Please see below for additional information.  Please
forward this onto to others that maybe interested.  I hope you can help.
Thanks.

Kent

Kent L. Wimmer, AICP
Florida National Scenic Trail Liaison
Florida Trail Association, Inc.
kwimmer@fs.fed.us
(850) 523-8576 (w)
(850) 523-8578 (fax)
(850) 386-8442 (h)
Mailing address:
USDA Forest Service
National Forests in Florida
325 John Knox Rd, F-100
Tallahassee, FL 32303-4160

----- Forwarded by Kent Wimmer/NONFS/USDAFS on 10/29/2003 05:19 PM -----
|         |           "Shirley Hearn"  |
|         |           <shirley@American|
|         |           Hiking.org>      |
|         |           10/29/2003 03:45 |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      "Shirley Hearn" <shirley@AmericanHiking.org>                                                                  |
  |        cc:      <rschuler@mpinet.net>                                                                                         |
  |        Subject: RE: Volunteers Vacations & Florida Trail need your help.                                                      |

Dear Member,

American Hiking Society and the Florida Trail Association (FTA) need your
help!

We have a Volunteer Vacation project scheduled for November 16-22 with the
FTA in the Ocala National Forest. The project is in danger of being
cancelled due to lack of volunteers. To fill this crew and to encourage
more people to get involved, we have WAIVED the registration fee for this
particular project.

Project: Crew will lop brush and saw logs with a crosscut saw to clear
trail. No power tools allowed. Area: Crew will backpack approximately 4
miles into basecamp which will be set up on Juniper Run in the Juniper
Wilderness Area. Excellent opportunities for swimming after a good days
work. Basecamp: Primitive tent site is provided. Participants must provide
their own tent, sleeping bag, pad and all personal gear including eating
utensils. Food: Food is provided.

Details for this projects are no longer available on our website because we
had to make room for the new 2004 schedule. So if you have any questions
you may call me at (800) 972-8608, ext. 206 or the host for the project
Dick Schuler at (386) 985-4543. Dick's email address is rschuler@mpinet.net
.

If you can help with the Florida project please reply to this email with
the following information or call me at (800) 972-8608, ext. 206 (you won't
be able to sign up on line for this particular project without paying the
registration). We need to hear from you as soon as possible since the begin
date of the project is less than three weeks away.

Name:

Address:

Phone:

Email:

Age:

Gender:

Do you have any dietary needs or preferences, including vegetarian/vegan or
food allergies?

Name and phone number of person to contact in case of an emergency:

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email them to me or give
me a call. Thanks in advance for your help.

Shirley Hearn
Volunteer Programs Manager
American Hiking Society
1422 Fenwick Lane