[ft-l] Southbound ECT hikers

I reported last week on a southbound ECT hiker who had passed through White
Springs.  I stopped by the Tourism center there today and spoke with the
ladies working there who said when the hiker mentioned before came through
(they never got his name) he indicated to them that there with 18 others
following behind him!  I asked the folks at the Tourism center to remind any
hikers they see how important it is for them to contact the FTA office for
permits and the most recent info on trail closures - especially this year.
Again, if you run across of of these foks on your sections of trail, please
give them the info on the Deseret and Kissimmee River trail closures and
that they need a permit for the Indian Reservation or have them call the FTA
office at the toll-free number.

Deb