[ft-l] Croom trail fee?

About a month ago there were some questions regarding fees for the hiking
trails in the Withlacoochee State Forest.  Due to a virus on the SF server
the answer was long in coming, but today I got the "official" statement from
Lynn Bolton, recreation ranger in the WSF.  I quote her below:

"To answer your question, we do not charge for trail use at any of our
areas.  At Tucker Hill Trailhead/Day Use Area, we now charge a $1 per person
fee as this is now an improved facility.  The restroom is open from 8:00 am
to sunset (not dusk) only.  When forest visitors choose to park at the
Tucker Hill facility, they pay the fee.  The fee applies to both sides of
the road."

So there you have it - with the improvement of the day use area they have
added a $1 fee which also will apply if you use that area for trailhead
parking.  But there is no charge to hike the trail and, except for the Hog
Island Trail (which has always been day-use only), there is no time
restriction on hiking, only on use of the restroom facility.

Deb Blick