[ft-l] from Matterhorn

Joan, thanks for you offer, I would love to talk to you and your friend
about the AT and PCT. Unfortunately this time I may not have much time to
do extended hiking in Florida. Since my mother-in-law died recently we have
to get the apartment on Marco organized. Still I hope to go for a few days
into the Everglades, partly hiking and partly with the canoe. My wife
unfortunately cannot hike much anymore, that's where the canoe comes in.
The bigger project in 2004 is the Northern section of the PCT. Work
permitting, I will walk for about 6 weeks from Manning Park south. I am
planning to walk approximately 1'000km with a similar outfit as I used on
the AT, i.e. light but not ultra-light.
Adrian