[ft-l] Please help our crew leader replace his lost backpack andgear

Hello Florida Trail folks,

Tom Triscik, our trail crew leader working on the FNST in Eglin Air Force
Base has lost his backpack and all his gear (see below).  We are looking
for donations or loan of gear to set up him up and get him through the rest
of this fall until he can replace his lost gear.  If you have any gear to
give or loan for Tom to use, please contact David Rohe at drohe@fs.fed.us
or (850) 523-8524, and he will make arrangements to get the gear.  Thanks
for anything you can do to help.

Kent L. Wimmer, AICP
Florida National Scenic Trail Liaison
Florida Trail Association, Inc.
(850) 523-8576 (w)
(850) 523-8578 (fax)
(850) 386-8442 (h)
Mailing address:
USDA Forest Service
National Forests in Florida
325 John Knox Rd, F-100
Tallahassee, FL 32303-4160

----- Forwarded by Kent Wimmer/NONFS/USDAFS on 11/11/2003 09:07 PM -----
|         |           Mack Thetford   |
|         |           <Thetford@bellso|
|         |           uth.net>        |
|         |                           |
|         |           11/11/2003 07:27|
|         |           PM              |
|         |                           |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      comptonv@bellsouth.net                                                                                        |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: [Fwd: Distress Call from our Worker (SCA)]                                                                    |

----- Message from PerdidoTCD@aol.com on Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:14:21 EST
      To: thetford@bellsouth.net
 Subject: Distress Call from our Worker

Mack,  Please forward this to all on the WG e-mail list.  I will sent it to

those on my Trail Hog list but your is more comprehensive.  Thanks,   Tom

Hogs, Western Gaters, and Choctawhatchian,
       This is a call for assistance from Tom Triscik our SCA Crew Leader
currently working on our Eglin Trail.  Today the crew loaded all their
and personal items to travel to Eglin for another week of building
 Upon arrival at Eglin,Tom discovered that his backpack with all his
gear was not there.  He thinks that the backpack somehow fell or bounced
of the back of the truck on I-10.  He has contacted FHP and others who
come across his gear.  But so far no luck!  If he is unable to locate the
backpack he estimates the loss at $1500+.
        The immediate need is that he has no camping gear or clothes.  The
crew is currently camping at Jr. Walton Pond on Eglin. He has no sleeping
sleeping pad, tent, clothing, water bottles, etc (you name it). I am
contributions in all forms.  Gear or financial assistance!
          I told him that I would gather whatever gear I could locate and
bring it to him sometime tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday).  If you can help
anyway, please do!  Call me at 850-341-1389.  I will coordinate the effort.
to hear from some good hearts soon!

Tom Daniel