[ft-l] mullet wrapper article

Hi David:

I will go back to complete my FT hike in two weeks. I've hiked the AT twice
and am a member of the FT and the ATC and AMC too.

Last year I met a woman on the AT in Georgia, at tre mountain shelter on a
rainy day. We were discussing hiker stuff and trails past and future.  Her
comment about the FT  " it takes real balls to hike the FT'

Right then I decided next stop after MT Katahdin would be the FT.

Yes the FT is flat, but logistically its more difficult than most of the AT.
Its certainly wetter and  a hiker is very alone on the Florida Trail.

Its also consistantly beautiful. Its not as well blazed as the AT but a lot
of people (not me) think the AT is over blazed. I found it to be adequately
blazed. (Just keep looking, you'll see that orange splotch eventually):)
I've seen more wildlife in 200 miles of FT than 4500 miles of  AT.

I love the FT and I hope to love it more.  We do need better guide books and
an AT like data book would help. The more people who thru-hike the FT the
more there wil be people who want to thru-hike it. The FT just hasn't hit
critical mass yet. I admit the permits and approvals is a disincentive  for
the AT folks  but  time will alter some of that I expect. The FT doesn't
need thru-hikers. The trail is mainly for local people to enjoy but
thru-hikers do generate the publicity that can help the trail.