[ft-l] mullet wrapper article

David,
I could not agree more!! It is unfortunate that our local papers do not giv=
e the FT more press time than they do,if they do. To my recollection I have=
 not seen an article in the Gainesville Sun in some time that concerns the =
FT. The sad part is that the  Trail Headquarters is here in Gville. Does an=
yone know if the headquarters sends press releases out to the usual suspect=
s in the News outlets in our state. I would think the major issues such as =
large sections of trail completion, issues with funding, land allocations,e=
tc would warrant a press release. This might get some of these media outlet=
s to possibly take interest in doing articles on or human interest intervie=
ws that deal with hiking the trail in Florida.

It is amazing that most people out there do not know that the Florida Trail=
 exists. Should we explore more options to expose people of the state or th=
e region for that matter, to what our trail has to offer? I know as with ev=
erything else that there are budget constraints. Some papers accept article=
s from local people for publication, this maybe an avenue to explore. I am =
going to contact the editors of the Gainesville Sun, specifically the local=
 editor and suggest that they do an article on the FT since they ran a coup=
le pertaining to the AT. Will even put a word into our local college rag to=
 see if they try and get someone to do an article.

Unfortunately when most people outside our state think of Florida they thin=
k of the more southern beaches, the Keys, the road in Daytona that every dr=
ives around the world to the left and the Mouse House. It will take time an=
d effort on all our parts to start getting the word out and expose our trea=
sure to more people. I unfortunately will not be able to make the annual co=
nference, but maybe this issue could discussed.

Brad