[ft-l] Keeping Hiking Trails as Hiking Trails

Deb,

 Excellent post!  Kiosks which identify the Trail throughout the State of
Florida would tie it all together and educate as well.  The three 8 x 11 notices
are a good idea.

I would suggest that the third page be updated appropriately.  Of course,
that would be the intent, but I have seen in some public parks where a volunteer
association was responsible, outdated information pages and it spoiled the
purpose of the page.

If there was a two page information section with current month and next month
(or future highlights of coming attractions) it would take more work but it
might light a fire under some people and encourage more trail use.  This takes
more work and people are already stretched in many areas.

Good thinking and I hope it comes to fruition.

Jack