[ft-l] Reply to marl@nickpvb.com

Hi Mark,

I used to take 12 to 14 yr old recruited from a Military School into that
area during the summer for weekly hikes.  My suggestions:  Eat common meals,
pakage each mealinto single packages, carry one big pot for cooking meals,
another large light kettle for heating water (attach to packs with bunge
cords, one stove, a standard single cup and spoon for each camper, (use a
fire when you can - fire starters are important), Check out mountain house
foods - their # 10 cans are perfect for group trips - look under survival
foods - repackage to ziplocks, tarps for shelter - four to a tarp, light
ground cloths, one per camper - plan on five to eight miles a day, take a
days break halfway through the hike-take two collapsable plastic pails one
for bathing and another for carrying and one as an aide for water
purification.  Use saws - no axes or hatchets.

Good luck,  Dick