[ft-l] Starkey Park wandering

In a message dated 6/18/2003 2:50:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dchinell@msn.com writes:

> The only thing I'd like to know is if there's any potable water anywhere
> along the trails -- that is, anywhere besides the campground.

No, nothing potable. You can filter water from the Anclote River (which
looked pretty scummy when I visited it) near Campsite 1, and there is an unreliable
feeder stream going through a culvert just east of Campsite 2 which looked
clean. It's a pretty high and dry trail system ... would be nice if they
installed pitcher pumps!

Cheers, Sandy