From: "Jim Quinlan" <jquinlan@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <ft-l@backcountry.net>
Subject: Re: [ft-l] Special Alert: Bush Administration Failing NationalParks
Date: Mon, Jun 16, 2003, 7:07 PM

The campgrounds and Springs in the Ocala Nation forest are privitized.  On
my hike through there this spring, so many of the "privitized" workers I
encountered in those areas were extremely nasty, rude and hiker unfriendly.
And I don't mean just a few.  In my mind, privitization will be very bad for
the parks.  Several other hikers I ran into on that trip had the same
perceptions.

On the other hand, government park rangers that I've met on my AT hike last
year always seem extremely dedicated and committed.  If it's privitized,
they'll only be looking for the very cheapest of labor and I can guarantee
you won't see the same caliber of employee.