[ft-l] Special Alert: Bush Administration Failing National Parks

We've been thru this several times before with the result that I thought we
had Kent's promise not to post lies and political agitprop on the list. But
I guess, in his own mind, he gets around that by "being asked to post it."

 The deficient for park O&M costs goes back decades and the Clintonistas did
nothing except make it worse by adding new Parks and Monuments but not
increasing the operating budget. But of course we never heard a word about
that from this bunch. The roads issue as far as I know is based on NF and
BLM land not land in Parks. I don't think anyone can build a road in a
National Park unless there was some prior agreement before the land was
taken into the Park system. I'm thinking about GSMNP in that case. A lot of
the disputed roads are out west and actually were roads someone used to go
somewhere.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"