[ft-l] North Florida Regional Conference

Hello Florida Trail folks,

The info about registering online for FTA's North Florida Regional
Conference is available on line at:
http://blazers.florida-trail.org/web/2003conference.html and is copied
below.  Please save these dates, and hope to see you at the North Florida
Regional Conference.

Kent

                         Florida Trail Association
                     North Florida Regional Conference
                   Crystal Lake Camp in Keystone Heights
                            October 17-19, 2003
               Florida Trail - Experience the Other Florida

On-line 2003 North Florida Regional Conference Registration

Register and pay for the Conference on-line through Mollyguard and PayPal.
On-line registration will end on October 1, 2003.

Due to the Mollyguard service fees, we have lowered the cost of
registration and camping facilities if you register on-line.

After the registration process, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail that
you can print and keep as a record of payment. As this is the first time we
have attempted to have on-line registration, it might be a good idea to
bring this receipt with you.

Leslie Wheeler was the first person to register on-line and said it was as
easy as making a purchase at Amazon.com.

Please Read:

If you are registering by mail and are registering for Friday night or
Friday and Saturday night, the registration process will be the same as it
has in the past. In your registration packet you will find a wrist band for
each member of your party. You will need to wear this on Saturday to exit
and re-enter the camp.

If you are registering for a Saturday night stay only, DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR
REGISTRATION FEE!. Saturday registration fees will be collected at the gate
as you drive in. We are expecting a large number of the public to be
attending on Saturday and to ease congestion and delays, we felt this would
be the most expedient method. When you pay the registration / entrance fee,
you will be given a wrist band that will allow you to exit and re-enter the
camp without further charges.

If you are registering on-line, your wrist bands will be mailed to you. IF,
FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR WRIST BANDS IN THE MAIL, BRING YOUR
ON-LINE REGISTRATION RECEIPT AND YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR WRIST BANDS.

If you have ANY questions about these procedures PLEASE e-mail or call me
at paulasnellgrove@juno.com or (904) 291-9819.

There will be hiking, swimming, canoeing & kayaking, and fishing (must have
valid Florida fishing license).

Participate in the Backpacker's Cookoff (we need judges). Bring your
backpacking stove, favorite trail recipe and ingredients to participate.

Bring your GPS and attend the Geocaching Workshop (there will be one for
the kids, too).

Pier 17 Marine, Inc. will have one of their reps available with a canoe
clinic.

Sandy Friend will have a presentation on 50 hikes in North Florida.

As well as Friday night hospitality, FT Store, Wall Climbing, Campfires,
Children's Activities, the raffle, and more.

For lunch on Saturday, you can bring a picnic, visit our hot dog stand or
visit one of the area's restaurants.

Saturday evening dine on marinated pork loin, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh
green beans, salad and a roll. October 1 deadline for ordering Saturday
dinner.

This year we will be using wrist bands for re-entry into the Camp,
especially on Saturday. Make sure you have them on if you plan on leaving
the Camp during the day.

Kent L. Wimmer, AICP
Florida National Scenic Trail Liaison
Florida Trail Association, Inc.