From: <Bluetrail@aol.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>; <FT-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 3:13 PM
Subject: [at-l] FT Trip Report (VERY long)

Ocala National Forest
January 18-20, 2003

You thru-hikers can laugh if you want, but this 26-mile, 2.5 day hike was m=
longest to date. My feet look as if I stuck them into a whirling blender an=
it would take 10 minutes to inventory everything that hurts, but I'm proud
of myself.  My pack with food and water weighted 22 lbs, respectably low
because my hiking friend carried most of the shared equipment.  I accepted
his help for now and because I=E2=80=99m just 4.5 months past a 6.5 hour se=
cond
cervical fusion surgery.
could make it the whole way.

... much cut out for space's sake...

I got home about 1:30 Monday.  No sooner had I gotten out of the shower,
than the phone rang.  It was an FT thru-hiker hoping for a place for the
night.  So much for a post-hike peaceful afternoon.  Now I=E2=80=99m planni=
ng a
February trip!

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com