[ft-l] Cold weather hiking questions

--
OK folks, cold to me is anything below 60, and I'm headed to Ocala next
weekend, where the predicted highs are in the 50's, lows in the lower 30's at
night.  My questions herein are probably going to sound stupid, but alas, I
have not a clue.  So, any help will be appreciated.

1.  Will I need gloves?
2.  Will my water and stuff freeze?
3.  What extra gear should I bring?
4.  What extra clothing?
5.  Is it safe to hang my upper body out of the tent and cook breakfast while
the rest of me stays in the tent and toasty in my bag?
6.  how close is too close to set your tent next to a camp fire?
7.  What are the warning signs of hypothermia?
8.  Also, since the daytime highs are going to be in the 50's, and I am,
afterall, hiking, do you think I'll get hot and wish I had on shorts and a
t-shirt?

I think that's it.  I'm sure I'll think of a hundred things I should have
asked when I'm out there, so feel free to put in your two cents.

KellyGoTitans (who, thanks to the Jets, will be playing in Oakland next
weekend).