[ft-l] fees in the Ocala National Forest

Brad,

I am not aware of any reduced fees at the established camping areas.  There
are locations you can park for free, but without much security.  You can
park at Juniper Springs for $10.00 per nite.  If you hike into a place like
Juniper or Alexander, they might have an overflow camping spot for your
group if they are booked up in the regular campsites.

If hunting season is not in effect, you can camp anywhere along the trail
for free....or use established backpack sites during henting seasons for
free.

As for day use fees, I have been through Juniper Springs and Alexander
Springs with backpack groups.  Most of the time, they make us pay full price
($3.00 / day?).  Sometimes, a nice soul at the entrance will let us in for
free, knowing that we will not be there all day.  This has happened only
once out of 4 times.

Good luck.

Mike Otten