[ft-l] Spur of the moment hike ...?

--
This state's getting just too crowded!  "In the old days..."  I could pack up on
a Friday night, pick a spot on the map and just GO.  Now it seems there's no
place to hike without a two-week permitting process and a six-month waiting
list.

Anyone have a suggestion for  a place I can hike this weekend without a lot of
advance notice?  I'm looking for 3 days, 2 nights, 30 miles or so.  A loop
preferably since it would be hard for me to end-to-end with only one vehicle.
I'm in Brevard County, but willing to drive 3-4 hours to the trailhead.

Or maybe I should just start planning ahead more...?

~Pam
<<sigh>>