[ft-l] FL RUCK

As posted on at-l and other hiker lists.....

You are invited to join us in Kissimmee, Florida, near Orlando,  for the
first ever Florida Ruck on Saturday, January 24th beginning at 11am and
going until we have talked each other out.

Main Events:
Comments by some of the 2003 Thru Hikers
Display of shelters (we have Nomad 2-4-2, Shires Tarptent, Europa, Hennessy
and Biblers covered) so bring yours if you have a different
          one you like!
Copies of some of the more thorough gear reviews this last year
Tuckerizing--bring a full pack and prepare to be downsized
Favorite Gear Show and Tell--bring a couple pieces of gear that you
          love, think are cool or have proved to be reliable tools
          while on the trail.
* Since we are a pretty laid back group down here, we reserve the right to
do none above and just sit and talk--drinking margaritas or brewskis are
optional.

Food:
Robby (Lopaka) will be grilling hotdogs, burgers and chicken wings.  BYOB of
your favorite beverage and a side dish or appetizer (bags of chips,
chocolate anything or the like are good for you out-of-towners).  We will
have all the utensils, condiments and such.

Camping/Hotels:
Robby has offered his backyard for those who want to pitch a tent there--but
he takes no responsibility for the fireants you may find creeping into your
bag.  The same goes for Jackie's house, but, you will also have to watch out
for the dog poo too!

We are also currently trying to procure a group, primitive site close to
Robby's house for those who want to camp.

In Orlando you may stay at a city park, Turkey Lake Park, located near
Jackie's house and about a half hour from Robby's  for $7 per primitive tent
site up to four people per tent (sounds cozy, huh!) by calling (407)
299-5581.

Hotels in Kissimee are plentiful although we will be in high season so they
may be pricey.  Try to get one on the east side of Kissimmee near the
Turnpike if you book a hotel.

Directions to the Ruck will be emailed to you once you have confirmed you
can come.   If you have any topics you would like covered, please let us
know so we can tell our "speakers" to address them!
Jackie/Sudz
rjturbot@cfl.rr.com
www.trailjournals.com/sudz/
Robby/Lopaka