[ft-l] Interesting Statistics abut Florida outdoor recrestion

      While it is true that hunters do spend more money, it is consumptive
use.  I will pay 6.50 for a venison burger or 15.00 for a steak, and I get
to eat it.  If you're only paying for a license and you get to keep the
whole deer, that's pretty cheap.  Non-consumptive users take snacks and
meals into the woods, not out.
      I am a gun owner, though not a hunter.  I don't take my gun on the
trail since the FTA regulations sign says to "Protect All Wildlife".  So
unless you're hunting Elmers (Bugs Bunny reference), I doubt you'd be
protecting any wildlife.
      I realize that hunting is an efficient way to keep populations in
balance, but don't act like your not getting something for your license
cost.  And for those of you who will say that you don't always get a deer
(or turkey, or whatever you're hunting), then I'd suggest putting down the
gun, and going to Outback.  It may be more expensive, but it is also a sure
thing.
Hatter

                      "Jeff Walters"
                      <jeff@jjwdesign.com>            To:      "'Florida Trail Mailing List'" <ft-l@backcountry.net>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      ft-l-admin@mailman.back         Subject: Re: [ft-l] Interesting Statistics abut Florida outdoor recrestion
                      country.net

                      04/23/2003 03:22 PM

IMHO, it's all in the politics.  If you truly want to make a
change/difference, and have the stomach for it, get involved with the
politics behind all of these decisions.

And, btw... are fishing licenses expensive?