[ft-l] President's Bush's new forest policy for logging and forestfires

Frank Orser wrote:

> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
> What is the source for this statement, especially the 35 per acre. Seems
> terribly small.
>
>  "historically there were 35 or so trees per acre, now after 80 years of no
> burns there are 500 trees per acre."

I don't know the source, but the numbers look OK. 800 trees per acre is
one tree every 9+/- feet - this seems quite crowded to me. 35 trees per
acre is one tree every 35+/- feet - a lot more open than the first situation.
- Carl