[ft-l] President's Bush's new forest policy for logging and forest fires

Cricket correctly notes that the timber co.'s make
money by using the infrastructure so generously paid
for by we the people. I think the genesis of this
inequity is to be found tangled in the real motives
and allegiance of Gifford Pinchot. Consider that the
father of the Forest Service was a member of the Order
of Skull & Bones in his senior year at Yale. A Google
search of just that connection will turn up names of
fellow S & B members whose companies/families had
great profit from forest land, e.g., Weyerhauser.
Where did G.P.'s heart really lay? With the land or
with the profit therefrom? Whose ideas were Gifford
and Teddy implementing? Oh my, OT Again. Back to the
Swamp go I.

=====
ATRerunner