[ft-l] GPS problems?

Got a little concerned when one of the other reply's mentioned something
about
military deactivation, etc.  Went out and tried my Magellan and it seems
to be
working fine.  I think you may have somehow done a hard reset of your
unit and
it needs to be re-initialized.  The date you got is a sort of first day
of the
world sort of thing in it's memory.  Electronics often have to have
something
to count from and they put all sorts of strange dates as the 1st day to
start
counting.  It can also help the technical fixit people diagnose
problems.  You
probably have a late 17th century period unit.