[ft-l] President's Bush's new forest policy for logging and forest fires

Bush "fire prevention" program a giveaway to the timber industry?

If you want to start a fire, do you set a match to a big tree? Apparently,
that's how President Bush would do it, since his "fire prevention" program
allows the timber industry to go deep into our national forests and cut down
old-growth trees.

We need a program to clear out the brush and small trees that start the
fires, and we need to concentrate on areas near homes to save lives and
property. But Bush's efforts focus on the big trees deep in our national
forests. It's nothing more then a gift to the timber industry, a big donor
to Bush's campaign.

Allen Ahern - Wildland Firefighter for only one year , this is basic stuff.