From: ft-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:ft-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of
FTCracker@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 9:11 PM
To: ft-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [ft-l] Local Hiking Info

--
In a message dated 9/1/2002 10:46:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gkemp@innet.com writes:

> I am a Scoutmaster of a Troop in Dade City and I'm interested in
taking
> my Scouts on a couple of hikes.

Gary,
Since you're in Dade City, you might want to consider the loops at
Richloam
and Croom tracts of Withlacoochee State Forest, or one of the shorter
loops
at the Citrus Tract. All offer backpacking campsites. Green Swamp is
another
option. All of the areas allow hunting, so check the
www.floridaconservation.org website for hunt dates so you can schedule
around
them.

For your younger guys, take a look at Withlacoochee River Park. You can
set
up a base camp either at one of the backpacking campsites or at the
park's
primitive campsite (an easy walk from a car, about 1/3 mile) and then do
number of different day hikes out of your base camp.

Contact the Withlacoochee State Forest office for maps, or the FTA
office
(1-877-HIKE-FLA) for maps for Richloam, Croom, Citrus, and Withlacoochee
River Park.

Cheers, Sandy