[ft-l] Opening Celebration for Florida Trail at Eglin AFB on November 2, 2002

--

Hello,

The Florida Trail Association, Eglin Air Force Base and the USDA Forest
Service are hosting an upcoming celebration of the Florida National Scenic
Trail on Saturday, November 2, 2002 at Eglin Air Force Base.  We would like
to invite you to participate in celebrating the opening of the Florida
National Scenic Trail in Eglin Air Force Base.  We hope to generate
awareness about the Florida National Scenic Trail and our efforts to expand
and protect it, and to recognize the partners and partnerships that are
making this hiking trail possible.

This celebration will be held in Eglin Air Force Base where we have
recently completed construction of 56 miles of the Florida National Scenic
Trail.  This celebration will be held on the trail from 10:00 A.M. to noon.
A map showing the site of the celebration is attached.  To reach the
celebration site from I-10, travel to Exit 70, (Lucky 13 Truck Stop) and
travel 2.5 miles south on SR 285.  From SR 285 turn west (right) onto Range
Road 207 and follow for 0.3 mile to where you will be directed to park
along the road.

The site of the celebration is on the Florida National Scenic Trail
approximately 0.3 mile west of the parking area.  Please wear comfortable
field or walking shoes as the trail maybe soft and irregular.  Also, please
wear comfortable outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather.  Drinks and
light snacks will be provided.  Please plan to attend rain or shine, as
there will be a tent canopy at the celebration site.

We would especially like for you to join us.  At this celebration we will
be recognizing United States Representative Jeff Miller, Eglin Air Force
Base, the USDA Forest Service, and the volunteers who constructed the
trail.  Also we have invited former United States Representative Joe
Scarborough, Senators Graham and Nelson, senior officers from Eglin Air
Force Base, and officials from the USDA Forest Service, the Florida
Department of Environmental Protection, state and local elected officials,
Florida Trail Association members and the public.

We would very much like for you to participate in our November 2
celebration.  Please RSVP to me at 850-523-8576, or at kwimmer@fs.fed.us,
or please write to Kent Wimmer, 325 John Knox Road, F-100, Tallahassee, FL
32303-4160.  Thank you for your support of the Florida National Scenic
Trail, Florida's Footpath Forever.

(See attached file: Eglin FNSTDedicationMap2.pdf)

Kent L. Wimmer, AICP
Florida National Scenic Trail Liaison
Florida Trail Association, Inc.
kwimmer@fs.fed.us
(850) 523-8576 (w)
(850) 523-8578 (fax)
(850) 386-8442 (h)
Mailing address:
USDA Forest Service
National Forests in Florida
325 John Knox Rd, F-100
Tallahassee, FL 32303-4160

--
[ =?iso-8859-1?Q?Eglin_FNSTDedicationMap2.pdf?= of type application/pdf deleted ]