[ft-l] Professional Job?

This is a good idea, Mark and would really be helpful to so many.
Getting all those folks to agree on one format would be a challenge!

Several years ago I contacted the Ice Age Trail office to get information
on Wisconsin hiking trails and got back several hand drawn "maps" with
road directions to trail heads which were a challenge to find on the
ground.  The trails themselves were marked with multi-colored blazes, fun
to try to hike but very different from FT policy of mapping and blazing
(even back then in the dark ages of the late 80's).   I think I like the
variety, actually, in this time of universal (network induced?) US
culture.

Nancy Gildersleeve

> Nevertheless, I must ask again.  Why don't the big hiking clubs get
> together
> (with their similar missions) and develop a portal for ALL clubs.

. .. I