[ft-l] Backpacking in Blackwater

A friend and I are thinking about backpacking in Blackwater
River State Forest between Christmas and New Years.  I
figured I would leave my truck at Hurricane Lake North
campground, get ride down to Deaton Bridge and hike slowly
back to car.  Maybe day hike up to Alabama at end.

1) Any special concerns re: hunting? (We know to wear blaze
orange and stick to trail).

2) Anyone in the local area who might be able to shuttle us
from the campground down to Deaton Bridge on Dec 27 or 28?

3) Anyone want to meet us at Grandma's in Milton for dinner
after the hike (date pending) ?

Cricket