[ft-l] Scout Trip

Personally, I prefer the Juniper area.  I think it's because
the terrain and vegatation is more varied.  From Juniper
Springs rec area to FS 10 makes a nice hike of about 8 miles
with camping at Hidden Pond (about the only water available
right now).  You can extend the hike by doing the Yearling
Trail up near the north end and see some evidence of 1900
homesteads and the sinkhole.

Cricket

> I'd like to take a St. Johns County (FL) Boy Scout troop
to the Ocala
> National Forest the weekend of January 18 - 20, 2003.
>
> Some questions:
>
> Do you recommend the Alexander Springs area or the Juniper
Springs area?

> What condition are the boardwalks between Clearwater Lake
and Alexander
> Springs in?
>
> Is an FTA Trail builder available, interested in joining
us for dinner and