[ft-l] hiking trip and ocala military base

Rachel,

The Ocala Forest area of the Florida Trail is a pretty
section.  We are getting very close to hunting season,
so you may want to wear orange vests.  I live in this
section, so if you are in the area and need any help,
contact me via e-mail.

Regarding the Ocala Military Base, I hiked that area
two weekends ago and saw no military personnel.  I did
hear gunfire when I was in that area yesterday, but
I'm not sure that it was the military because there is
also a gun range out that way.  The area is open, but
there are lots of trees down and lots of chiggers!

Trail Talker