[ft-l] children in meetings

As one who used to speak to large crowds of adults who may have children
along I always expected that children would wiggle, giggle and be noisy.

They are, after all, children.  And that's what children do, and should be
expected to do.  They were never any distraction to me.  Perhaps because of
how I viewed their presence.  I viewed them as delightful little beings who
brought their own style and life to the meeting.  I agree strongly with
whoever it was that said we need more blood in the 20-30's range (not
exactly a quote but you get the drift).  And youthful participants bring
children.  If grandparents bring them I say more power to the grands willing
to do such a wonderful thing with their beloved babies of all ages.  What a
great introduction into the world of the FTA.

Now adults talking through my presentations was another thing entirely.  As
much as I expected children to be noisy and wiggly, I didn't expect adults
to be.  THAT is incredibly distracting as well as rude.  If you want to
talk, you and your conversational partners should remove yourself from the
meeting in progress.  It's the same courtesy you'd want extended to yourself
if you had the floor.

-d