[ft-l] FTA Annual Conference

Re:  children at the conference

Of course, I'm prejudiced because I've drug my son (usually under protest) to
several annual meetings.  I for one am glad to see children at the
conference.  If there are children there it usually means there are folks
there young enough to be parents.  Since I'm 54, I guess I can say that one
thing that concerns me about FT is the fact that there are so few members in
their 20's and 30's.  Not only could we use their new ideas, their
enthusiasm, and their fresh outlook, we could also use their strong backs on
trail work!  Lots of folks in their 20's and 30's come equipped with kids, so
despite the fact that children are sometimes noisy and disruptive, I think
they're a great addition.  (Although I have been known to leave a talk on the
fake errand of getting a drink of water and come back to sit in a quieter
spot.)

Joan Jarvis
bluetrail@aol.com

multipart/alternative