[ft-l] Update on an ECT hiker

Just found this in the AT-L discussion today. I believe this fellow started
in January, and stayed with Joan & Jon along the way? -- cheers, Sandy

Met an interesting fellow [without a trail name, I think he said Dennis] at
Pinkham Notch Camp on Friday.  He's been hiking since January, heading
north to Labrador right now is on the AT.  Started in Key West.  I asked
him, "Any injuries?"  He knocked on wood.  Said he fell badly three times
earlier that day coming down from Mt. Washington and that the rocks were
very slippery.  He was from England and said it's been very cold going
through the White Mountains.  These past three weeks have been quite cold,
here.  A warming trend is on the way, though.  He said that the AT was very
different than he thought it would be, saying it was overcrowded and easier
than expected.  He seemed a bit negative on it.  But, he's heading
north.  marty