[ft-l] Wonderful news!

The SHOWER is FIXED!!!  Trail-friends who have visited before, and
who have made snide remarks about the paucity of hot water, are invited
to return and be virtually bowled over by the force of the shower!!!

When it got to the point that the pressure was down to almost a dribble
and I had to boil water on the stove to wash dishes (although I'll have
to admit that was kind of nostalgic and backpacking-like), I bit the
bullet and called some plumbers for diagnosis.  Company #1 said it was
a problem with the pipes and they'd have to run new pipes from the
garage (water heater) to the kitchen through the attic (mega-$$$ I'm
sure).  Company #2 said it was a build-up of deposits in the pipe where
it left the water heater, due to connecting of dissimilar metal pipes.
Guess which co. I chose to send a plumber to the house this morning.  20
minutes and $70 (parts and minimum 1-hr. labor) later I had gushing hot
water. In the end of the old copper pipe was what looked like a little
piece of dark sponge.  But the "sponge" was as hard as a rock.  I don't
know how ANY water at all got through it.

So friends, come to Tallahassee, we'll do some hiking, and there'll be
a hot shower at the end of the day.  (Just in time, too.  Nimblewill
Nomad will be here any day now for a break off the Florida Trail.  Gee,
you don't think that had anything to do with the timing of my get-it-fixed
impulse, do you?)   >;)   Y'all come.  Yah hear?
        -- eArThworm