[ft-l] Hello! (new lister)

In a message dated 1/12/2001 11:58:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
eap0758@garnet.acns.fsu.edu writes:

> I'm Eric Primack and I'm leaving to hike on the Florida Trail next week

The first requirement is that you be a Florida Trail Association member.  The
trail crosses private land that only members have permission to hike across.

Secondly, you will have to contact the State office in Gainesville at least a
week before you reach the Deseret Ranch to obtain specific permission to
cross that property.

As to water, if you aren't picky, there are plenty of sources.
Unfortunately, many of the best campsites are dry, so bring a water bag and
be prepared to lug a gallon several miles a day.  Be prepared to filter.

I know of no source for digital maps of the Trail.

Feel free to send me specific questions privately.

Finally, welcome to our happy little group of Florida Trail lovers!

Happy trails,

Rich Evans
Orlando