[ft-l] Re: Unauthorized usage on the FT (was Fw: Presidents Day weekend h...

During a work hike this fall, we encountered equestrians on the Suwanne trail
adjacent to the Spirit of the Suwanne campground.  As many as 50 horses may
have used that section the day we were there.  Some riders were very nice
about our polite but insistent admonishments and some were not.  The first
group we encountered claimed the campground had sent them over to that side.
I doubt this as the gullies (bless them!) are impassable to horses and they
had to turn back.  Luckily no one was hurt but it is a problem on that
fragile sand trail that hugs the river in that area.