[ft-l] (no subject)

Hiya!
i have been lurking as well!My name is Liz, i'm 24, and a Virginia native. My friend and I are planning a 4week excursion on the FT starting the last week of January in Big Cypress.  He is a Californian, so neither of us are familiar with FL hiking.  we're studying up, and would love some good tips. We've done lots of hiking in other parts, although i've never been out for as long as a week before.
As far as the road passes go, would anyone recommend catching a ride over walking?  why waste time that could be enjoyed in the woods?
i'm sure i will have more and more questions as the time gets nearer.
thank you!