[ft-l] Trail Manual for the Florida Trail System available on the web

Hello,

The Florida Trail Association has recently revised its Trail Manual for the
Florida Trail System which we have placed on FTA's website for your
reference at http://www.florida-trail.org/.   The trail manual was updated
to reflect the progress and the learning that the Florida Trail Association
has made concerning the trail over the past several years.  This latest
version of the trail manual reflects and builds upon the earlier editions
of the manual and the many years of experience of FTA's wonderful trail
builders and maintainers.  This trail manual and the trail itself would not
be possible without FTA's other dedicated volunteers.

Several key changes or revisions are made in this edition of the Trail
Manual for the Florida Trail System, including:

    Roles and responsibilities for FTA trails officials
    FTA's officially adopted trail policies
    Signage along the trail
    Procedures for revising maps and Notice to Hikers
    Forms to assist trail officials with all aspects of trail planning and
development (including request forms for signs, equipment, tools and
materials for trail development.

We hope you will use and share this manual so we can better ensure that
hikers enjoy outstanding experiences everywhere on the Florida Trail.
Following the Trail Manual will help us provide consistent high quality
trail the length of the Florida National Scenic Trail and all of the trails
of Florida Trail System.

We consider this trail manual to be a living document that will be revised
as needed (there is even a form in the manual to suggest recommended
changes).  Please use this trail manual, and let me know how we can improve
it and the trail in the future.  All FTA section leaders, chapter trail
coordinators, officers and Directors were mailed hard copies.  Thank you
for your support of the Florida Trail.

Kent

Kent L. Wimmer, AICP
Florida National Scenic Trail Liaison