[ft-l] Re: [at-l] Going solo

--- Farina6@aol.com wrote:
> I want to know about your first solo backpacking trips, or
> overnighters.
### My family did primitive camping till I was about 7-8 years
old, and some of my earliest waking memories are of camping in
the Whites. With that, nighttime sounds were never foreign,
*and* the parents never asked "why?"
### (What they *did* get bent about was my hiking the AT alone
at the tender, puppy, wet-behind-the-ear age of 18. At one
point, my mother had offered to bribe me with van cost, gas
cost, food cost, etc, if I would just (instead) tour the country
*with* someone else. It was a pretty safe bribe, though -- I
think she knew all along I wouldn't nibble, and was bent on
doing the AT alone, and didn't need/want assistance.)

Great question, btw.... (as if you can't tell from the other
Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!