[ft-l] Going solo

In a message dated 12/5/2001 10:08:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Farina6@aol.com writes:

> Anyway, how would a person, or more precisely, how should I rid myself of
an
>  overactive imagination when it comes to things that go bump in the night?

Mainly, it comes down to familiarity with camping.  The more you do it, the
more natural it becomes.  The less threatening those sounds become.

No doubt but that the human critter is the most dangerous to share the forest
with, but they lurk only within the network of access by roads.  So if you
choose your camp away from roads, you'll be progressively safer the deeper
you penetrate into the woods.

Lastly, tire yourself out during the day backpacking, and at night you will
be oblivious to all that goes on around you.  Sleep!  You've earned it!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear