[ft-l] Myakka River SP

Dear Farina,
We visited Myakka in August and the Myakka was at flood stage and much of the
park was under water.  One really neat thing there is the canopy trail - it
is up in the tops of big live oaks.  You climb up a tower and then go accross
to another tower about 100ft away through the tree tops.  The one drawback
was that we had to wade about a quarter of a mile to get there (ankle to knee
deep).  Anyway check the water levels - they probably have receded- but it is
a beautiful park - lots of very large, old live oaks.
Mary Bahr