[ft-l] Re: Fl trail during hunting season

Sara,
It's worth carrying (and wearing, during hunting season) a bright orange safety vest.  We did so while hiking through Three Lakes WMD on this first weekend of deer hunting, and had no problem with the scores of hunters out there (yes, on our trail too)-- they saw us clearly.  Same for hiking in the Green Swamp WMD during hunting season.  There are many other such areas along the trail, all explicitly hunting lands.

Biggest negative we ran into about hunting season was that Deseret Ranch closed the beginning of Nov thru mid-Jan. It's a pretty fair hunk of trail to roadwalk around, and you'll miss some beautiful views if you have to skip it.

And, of course, you won't see much wildlife while wearing that orange vest. ;-)

Cheers, Sandy