[ft-l] maps and guidebook

I would sure wait for the new editions if I were going to be out for a
long hike.  Fires, storms and local vandals can change the trail markings
and the way the trail looks in a very short time.  From my limited
experience, trusting trail maps without someone who has been there lately
can lead to lots of backtracking and lost time.

Your trip sounds great.  I am about four years from doing something of
that nature (when I retire from work). I think we would all like to hear
more about your preparations and get trail reports once you get underway
if that is possible.

We wish you a great hike!

John Wakefield
Clay County