RE: [ft-l] St Marks trip

About 5 to 10 feet. I was flyfishing in a community pond in South Florida
about 20 or so years ago and I guess I sidled up to close to a sunning
gator that  that was resting on the shoreline. As soon as I got a feisty
bass that put up a bit of struggle, the gator reacted. I only pieced what
happened after the fact. That bass literally disappeared a few (maybe 1 to
3) feet next to me in a blink of an eye. I'm  a bit more careful these
days, but only a little bit :)

Regards, DA