RE: [ft-l] St Marks trip

At 02:55 PM 12/5/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Actually don't bother, the reaction is so fast that you can't blink fast
>enough; let alone run. Take my word for it, it's sudden. Don't test it, I
>learned respect the hard way- luckily I received no injury but I can tell
>you that I was so startled that I had trouble getting into my skin for a
>week :)

The one we saw jump into the canal was like that. The suddeness with which
he moved, and the disappearing act he did were what unnerved us so much. If
anything had moved the reeds on our side of the levy, we would have been
off and running.

How close was the one you saw? How did you escape injury? Tell us more. :)

Erskine Fincher
fincher2@nettally.com