Re: [ft-l] FHATT - Question about Bradwell Bay

Hello Erskine,

I am leading a day hike through the western portion of Bradwell Bay (west
of Monkey Creek) on Feb 24 which could be part of FHATT.  I would be happy
to have you join us.  You can camp in multiple places in Bradwell east of
Monkey Creek, but west of Monkey Creek, there is only one dry island you
can camp.  For more information, please give me a call.

Kent

Kent L. Wimmer, AICP
Florida National Scenic Trail Liaison
Florida Trail Association, Inc.
kwimmer@fs.fed.us
(850) 942-9376 (w)
(850) 942-9305 (fax)
(850) 386-8442 (h)
Mailing address:
USDA Forest Service
National Forests in Florida
325 John Knox Rd, F-100
Tallahassee, FL 32303-4160

                    Erskine Fincher
                    <fincher2@nettal        To:     ft-l@backcountry.net
                    ly.com>                 cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     [ft-l] FHATT - Question about
                    owner-ft-l@backc        Bradwell Bay
                    ountry.net

                    12/05/2000 12:58
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to ft-l

I would like to do a section of the FHATT hike, but I'm not sure which one
I would prefer. I was already planning to hike Apalachicola West. It looks
relatively easy for an amateur like myself. I thought it might be a good
idea to try the Bradwell Bay section with more experienced hikers during
the FHATT. How tough will the Bradwell Bay section be to hike? Should we
expect the water to be high in February? Also, is there a campsite in the
wilderness area? The map I have of the forest doesn't show one.

Erskine Fincher
fincher2@nettally.com