Re: [ft-l] Hiking the FT

Thanks for the information, Cricket! I have a couple more questions...

At 07:16 PM 11/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>The Florida National Scenic Trail within the Appalachicola National Forest
>is open to the general public year round.  The only restrictions involve
>camping during general gun hunting season - November 23 through 26 and
>December 9 through January 31.  During that time camping is restricted to FS
>designated campsites, of which there are quite a few.

Are the FS designated campsites only those with facilities, like Camel Lake
and Porter Lake, or do those include primitive sites along the trail? Are
there any shelters on that section of the trail?

>To access the trail on most private property you must be a Florida Trail
>Assn member.

What are the other benefits of FTA membership? (Besides helping to support
the trail, I mean.) :)

>Have fun in Apalachicola.

Thanks!

Erskine Fincher