[ft-l] Hiking the FT

Hello all,

I'm new to the list, and new to backpacking as well. I only recently
learned that the FT exists, even though I live just a few miles from it.
I'm interested in hiking the section in the Apalachicola National Forest as
a way to get some backpacking experience, and I was wondering if there are
any restrictions or rules that I need to know about. Do I need to be a
member of FTA in order to hike there? Will I need permits to camp at the
primitive sites?

I've just sent off for the maps and the FTA guidebook, and I was planning
to try this some time after hunting season, probably in February if the
weather is good. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Erskine Fincher
fincher2@nettally.com