Re: [ft-l] Thru-hiking the FT

In a message dated 11/20/00 11:42:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
D_Blick@email.msn.com writes:

They will probably NOT be allowed through the Indian Reservation
as a group, since the contract stipulates only 8 may pass through each
month.

Say what?!?

This is devastating news to those of us who have publicized the FT to our
long distance hiking friends.  Why has this information not previously been
distributed?  Is there anything that can be done to expand the limits?

I don't have my copy of "From here to there on the Florida Trail" handy.  Is
the 8 thruhikers a month limit in there?

Happy trails,

Rich Evans
Orlando